Friday, January 2, 2015

The Cure's Disintegration - A Cento

The Cure: Disintegration*

i ran to your heart to be near,
     and we kissed as the sky fell in; then you smiled for a second

i will kiss you - i will kiss you - i will kiss you,
forever on nights like this.
the soft and the black and the velvety up tight against the side of me

let's move to the beat,
sweet [and] wild...
i tremble[], stuck in honey

whatever words i say, i will always love you
....you shatter me.
the happiness of falling down laughing,
      and i really believe[] that this time [is] forever
     
if only i could fill my heart with love,  
be still - be calm - be quiet now, my precious,
[I go] down on my knees...hungrily.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*This poem is composed of lines from each of the tracks on The Cure's Disintegration album (1989). 

The songs are: Closedown, Disintegration, Fascination Street, Homesick, Last Dance Lovesong, Lullaby, Pictures Of You, Plainsong, Prayers For Rain, The Same Deep Water As You, and Untitled

No comments:

Post a Comment