Wednesday, May 18, 2016

"I Believe..." (In The Style of Crash Davis and Neil Gaiman)

I believe in premarital sex. And in waiting until you're married.

I believe in the X Files and in vast government conspiracies to cover up alien invasions. I believe in Gillian Anderson, Mr. T, and Bryce Harper. I believe baseball should be fun and we should hold fast to old school traditions.

I believe in books being made into epic movies. And I also believe that you shouldn't make books into movies... because the book is always (always) better. 


I believe in saying inherently contradictory things in the same sentence. Or in two sentences that are right next to each other. I believe it's a literary device and I also believe it's truth. And I can believe that truth is stranger than fiction, but that fiction contains life's truths....

And I believe I forgot what I was going to say next...

1 comment:

  1. The proper answer to "the book is always (always) better is ALWAYS: "Jaws."

    ReplyDelete