Thursday, October 17, 2013

Book Lines All Smushed Up


I woke up in the middle of a dream, scared the world was too much for me.  The sky was almost black, but the snow shone a bright blue in the moonlight.

We were sitting in the cathedral of Notre Dame, waiting for the priest.  It amused the Crow's Eye to make them wait and pour.  Against boredom, even the gods themselves struggle in vain.  


God and whiskey got me where I am. 
Too little of one, too much of the other.

You can tell a lot just by the tiniest change in the air.  Winter comes to water as well as land, though there are no leaves to fall.  The waves that were a bright, hard blue yesterday under a fading sky today are green, opaque, and cold.  Looking deeply at the leaf, he saw clearly the presence of the sun and stars - without the sun, without light and warmth, the leaf could not exist.

"Hey! You can't be back here." I turn towards the voice. A cop, flashlight in hand, coming at me. I think about running. Even at my age, even after all this time, my first instinct is to run.



No comments:

Post a Comment