Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Infected - A Cento

Infected, A Cento*

So many people, can't express what's on their minds,
Nobody knows them & nobody ever will,

My heart is heavy--my head is confused,
And my aching little soul--has started burning blue.

[No.]. I'm a man without a soul, honey,
Who lost it while parading it, in a town full of thieves

A shadow hunting shadows
[S]miling through my teeth

I don't know what's wrong or right,
I'm just a regular guy with bottled up insides

Down by the river, I've been washing out my mouth,
Deep in the heart of me, there's a frightened man breaking out

[J]ust another guy, with desires that I can't satisfy
Sometimes I get so lonesome, I could die.

I never said I was the man I appeared to be
[G]onna move up close [] and wrestle with the thoughts solitude always brings

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*This poem is composed of two lines from each of the tracks on The The's Infected Album (1986). 

The songs are: Heartland, Infected, Out of the Blue (Into the Fire), Twilight of a Champion, Sweet Bird of Truth, Angels of Deception, Slow Train to Dawn, The Mercy Beat.


No comments:

Post a Comment